Rental Information and Application Packet Instructions
**Please read ALL requirements! Incomplete applications may cause another applicant to be chosen over you.**
New Generation Homes will assist all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, familial status, marital status, handicap, or ancestry.
1. A separate application is required for each applicant over the age of eighteen (excluding dependent children). This guarantees our compliance with Federal, state, and local Fair Housing laws.
2. The information requested on our application provides the basis for selection of the best neighbors for all of our residents. Please fill in all spaces and answer all questions as fully as possible (more information is better than less). Incomplete applications will not be processed.
3. A lead-based paint disclosure is included with this packet if the housing was built prior to 1978. This disclosure must be signed by all applicants and returned with your rental applications. The EPA also requires that the pamphlet “Protect Your Family From Lead in Your Home” be made available when renting or selling houses constructed before 1978. This pamphlet is either included or may be read or downloaded on-line at:http://www2.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2014-02/documents/lead_in_your_home_brochure_land_b_w_508_easy_print_0.pdf
4. Applicants are not accepted on a “first-come, first served” basis, but on a best-qualified basis.
5. New Generation Homes will pull a credit report (including eviction, bankruptcy, and criminal reports) on every applicant and we will contact your current and past landlords, as well as your current and past employers.
6. Bad credit will generally disqualify you unless there are extenuating circumstances. If you have credit problems, let us know in advance. A letter of explanation may help to qualify you.
7. Copies of pay stubs may be required to verify income. If you are self-employed, you will be required to verify your income with copies of tax returns, 1099s and/or other relevant data. We do require that your combined monthly income be 3 times the amount of the monthly rent.
8. Every application must be accompanied by a $25.00 non-refundable processing fee, a signed Rental Transaction Disclosure and Applicant’s Acknowledgement & Hold Harmless Agreement form and the Lead Paint Disclosure (if applicable). You will receive an email that you need to take action on for a credit pull within 24 hours of submitting your application. We cannot move forward until you have gone through that email.
9. Make checks or money orders payable to New Generation Homes.
10. Any false statements or deliberate misrepresentation of facts will automatically disqualify the application.
11. Illegal aliens will be automatically disqualified.
12. Applicants must not have a felony record that was adjudicated guilty or had adjudication withheld for the past seven (7) years; however, a felony or any conviction of any length of time for any drug related, sexual related, murder, arson or violent crime will be grounds for denial.
13. If you are accepted for Tenancy, a payment in the amount of twice the first month’s rent (in cash or cashier’s check) is due when the contract is signed. Please note that the advertised rent is our discounted rent. Full rental rate is $100.00 higher than the advertised, discounted rate. Provided payment is made on or before the rent due date and you are in compliance with the terms of the rental contract, you will receive an automatic $100 discount. We also require a copy of your current driver’s license or other valid photo identification. If you have pets and they are accepted, there is an additional “pet rent” of $25.00 per month, per pet. There is also a $150 non refundable deposit per pet.
14. We also require Renters Insurance and that you add New Generation Homes as additional insureds. You have the option of providing us with your policy number or buying ours at $14.95/month. Here is what it covers Renters Insurance brochure.
15. We do not participate in Section 8 or any other subsidized housing program.